Website ROYAL SCHOOL OF CHURCH MUSIC
Director of the RSCM
The RSCM is a Christian charity which promotes the study, practice and improvement of music and other matters relevant to the conduct of Christian worship. Our mission is to encourage and inspire:
- the good use of high-quality, appropriate music in Christian worship, whatever the style or tradition;
- the highest standards achievable in each individual church or community;
- people of all ages, especially children and young people, to become involved in church music;
- a culture of learning through study and practice, to develop both skills and understanding
We congratulate our current Director, Andrew Reid, who has recently been appointed as MD of Harrison & Harrison, and will leave us in the Autumn. Since 2012, Andrew, his Deputy Director colleagues, and the entire staff of the RSCM have transformed the charity’s fortunes, attracting considerable funding which has allowed us to make key appointments with Heads of Ministerial Training, Choral Studies, and Congregational & Instrumental Music. We are grateful for all that Andrew has achieved in leading the charity – his meticulous preparation, Christian faith and spiritual approach will all be missed – and we wish him well as he moves to another prestigious role.
We now seek expressions of interest – either directly or by recommendation – for his successor, whose background should include leading music in worship at a high level. The Director’s acknowledged musical expertise will be put to good use at the RSCM, directing key events, and delivering a strategy which aims to put the RSCM at the heart of church music developments in the UK, and overseas. Whilst traditionally the role of Director has been full-time, with the increasing availability of technology, it may be possible for this position to have some flexibility both in time commitment and location, for example to allow the successful candidate to continue or take up another part-time position (up to 0.2 FTE) in church music. The exact nature of any such arrangement will be explored at interview.
- Full time/Flexible (but no less than 0.8 FTE)
- Salary by negotiation, c £55k
- UK based, accessible to London and RSCM Centre in Salisbury
- Subject to enhanced DBS disclosure
For more information and a detailed job description, in the first instance, please call or email Sarah King at the RSCM
Tel: 01722 424843 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We anticipate that interviews will take place in mid-July, so please make contact no later than 30th June.